It's very important to define your dreams and desires clearly so that you're completely aware of what you're after in your life.
You wouldn't get in the car and just drive around not knowing where you're going, would you? You know where you need to get to, so you drive there.
In the same way, apply this principle to your life goals.
One of the best ways to determine your dreams and desires is to write them down.
Define your dreams in writing following the steps below.
Also, take a look at this simple 5-step deliberate attraction process to get an overall picture.
1. Take your inspiring journal, for example, and begin to write. Write a title on the page, such as "My Dreams" or "My Dream Life".
2. Use an hour of your time and write down everything that you want out of your life. What is your dream life like, what are your life goals? Remember, there are no limitations.
Your personal improvements (physical and mental health), your career, finances, relationships, social life, hobbies, environment, the physical things and the kinds of gadgets you want to have, and so on.
3. Always write in the present tense. For example, "I have a loving husband, who..." or "I earn $/€/£ (or choose another currency) ________ a month now".
4. Be as specific as you can.
For example, if you want to attract the love of your life, describe him/her as well as possible; the color of his/her eyes/hair, how tall he/she is, and any characteristics that are important to you. Define your dream partner as well as you can.
5. Write as if everything has happened already.
6. Feel grateful for those things already, from the bottom of your heart.
If writing just isn't your your thing, it's easy to create personalized mind movies to define your dreams.
It's easier to start working on one thing rather than trying to accomplish all of your dreams and desires at once. (That can be frustrating.)
1. Decide what is the most important thing for you right now.
Listen to your heart so that you can be sure of your first choice. Take some time to make this decision, but not too long. (You know, procrastination prevents you from moving on.)
Dreams become goals when you act upon them.
2. Write a description of the most important thing in detail. Write a future pace: How's your life like after you've accomplished your dream?
Title it as "My first choice", for example.
3. Write down your decision to take action to accomplish that dream:
"I do something every day to accomplish my dream". Write down measurable details about this dream coming true. This way you can easier set milestones and see yourself heading toward your dream, taking baby steps day by day.
4. Write down the reasons why you have chosen this dream as your #1 choice. Really think about the things that motivate and inspire you about this dream.
- What good does it bring into your life when you have accomplished it?
- How do you benefit from it?
- What is so great and magnificent about this dream that you're absolutely committed to accomplishing it?
- What is it about this dream that keeps you moving towards it, day by day?
You see, you are capable of achieving amazing things if you have a very good reason to do so. And, you stay more focused when you define your dreams in writing.
1. Write down a plan on how you can achieve your goal. Title it as "My Plan".
2. Write down things that you can do every day to achieve your goal. Make sure that the plan is as precise and detailed as possible.
3. If there's somebody you know that has already accomplished the thing you're after, ask this person to tell you more about it.
- How did he/she do it?
- What are his/her beliefs?
- How does he/she act?
- How does he/she think?
- What does he/she eat?
And the list of questions goes on, depending on the goal.
Remember that if you're willing to find out more about this person's habits, you're one step closer to your goal.
4. Read every morning what you have decided to do for your dream.
This is a good way to remind yourself of what you can do today.
For example, if your greatest dream is to run a marathon or get fit, you follow a training program and you do the required exercises every day. If you want to lose weight, you follow the program or diet of your choice.
Your dream can be anything, but the bottom line is that when you follow your plan every day, you are closer to your goal every day, step by step.
1. Remind yourself of your goal every day.
2. Write down what you've done today and decide what you'll do tomorrow.
3. Don't let yourself forget your dream or the reason why you want to achieve it.
If you want to, of course you can choose to work on more than one important goal at the same time (but don't choose too many at once).
Mind Movies is an easy-to-use yet powerful tool that you can use to define your dreams and visualize them become reality.
Remember, changing your "bad" habits into better ones, that is reprogramming your brain and "installing new software" requires that you practice the new things every day, for about 30 days.
So don't get overwhelmed, don't give up! 30 days is not that much after all, not if you think about the benefits you get for the rest of your life.
If something negative comes up during this process, for example questions like "How am I ever going to manifest this?", fear, doubt, or hesitation about your goal, then it's a sign that you have some inner blocks.
Choose a technique that feels good to you for erasing those unconscious limiting beliefs that may stand in your way and prevent you from achieving your goals.